I see this as a community project, so any code submissions (preferably github pull requests) are more than welcome. If you want write access to the wiki, let me know and I'll happily give you access.
A couple things I'd like to see:
- Make the STL configurable - I'd like to see how much of a speed boost RDE STL could give us, I know the StyleSheetSpecification std::map is a bit of a bottleneck at the moment.
- Investigate switching the XML parser to RapidXML for speed
- Address the global element transparency issues. Some elements don't currently support transparency, due to HTML spec, but I think its worth coming up with a way to allow this.
- Expose more of the font system, maybe making it a plugin, so that you're not required to use TrueType fonts.
- Allow text strings to be rendered at different angles, not just horizontal