Add your Feature Requests

Discussion of features and help with problems encountered while using libRocket

Re: Add your Feature Requests

Postby Tank on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:30 am

Hey guys,

at first: superb library so far! It's really easy to use (except the documentation is sometimes a little bit confusing regarding the navigation) and produces nice results.

Normally I'm more used to GUI libraries that provide layouters, which especially make things like distributing available width/height very easy (like in GTK+ or SFGUI). Using CSS (it's not libRocket's issue mainly) it can be quite hard sometimes.

One feature that I'd love to see very badly is the "calc()" CSS function to do things like: "height:calc( 100% - 20px )". It'd make the previously mentioned distribution of space a lot easier when dealing with dynamic forms that can be resized by the user, and where you don't want (and shouldn't need!) to reposition and resize all the child elements by hand.
Tank

Postby voyvf on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:21 am

lloydw wrote:Sounds to me like you want to put cdjango in front of libRocket. Let it parse the templates and then inject the final RML into libRocket.

Is it possible to do this via the current libRocket API? I'd love to be able to do this as well, either with cdjango or mustache templates. I realize that you've already provided a default template system, but some people can get pretty attached to their own system, if you know what I mean. :D
voyvf

Postby voyvf on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:07 pm

Actually, I believe I just found a feature I'd love to have in RCSS: border-radius. I know it's possible to get the same effect with an image, but not all of us are artists. (:

I suppose css3 transitions and transformations would be a lot to ask for (though if I recall correctly, someone on the Ogre forums managed to hack it in... :D
voyvf

Postby lloydw on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 am

voyvf wrote:
lloydw wrote:Sounds to me like you want to put cdjango in front of libRocket. Let it parse the templates and then inject the final RML into libRocket.

Is it possible to do this via the current libRocket API?

I'd suggest simply loading the templates into memory, parsing with cdjango and then sending the resulting stream into libRocket's loadDocument (from a memory stream)
lloydw
Rocket Engineer
Rocket Engineer

Postby jaysistar on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:17 pm

I would like to be able to drag items in a datagrid to reorder them. Also, I'd like to have it flexible enough to drop row into an expanded row as well (that would require reformatting that row, which might be required anyway).

-Jay
jaysistar

Postby yaxinhoo on Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:18 am

html5 support
yaxinhoo

Postby Chaos_Optima on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:05 am

CSS rotation
AngelScript support
Chaos_Optima

Postby PandaMittens on Fri May 03, 2013 2:23 pm

• How about pre-multiplied alpha for font textures?
  • +1 for thread support (different contexts can live safely in different threads)
PandaMittens

Postby yyzhou on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:46 am

lymantok wrote:Add support for Irrlicht engine and a sample of how to use Librocket with it! Thx!

I only get this:https://bitbucket.org/suddani/irrlibrocket/overview , I'm new to irr and rocket, I wonder where i can get more help ?
yyzhou

Previous

Return to Using libRocket